Membership in the French-Canadian Heritage Society of Michigan (FCHSM) allows us to promote French-Canadian History and Heritage. As a member your support is invaluable to the continuation of these efforts to maintain our unique heritage for the generations to come. As a member you will share in the following:
- Michigan’s Habitant Heritage (MHH), the society’s quarterly journal that includes research articles, regional history, and translations of records not found elsewhere. Due to increased publishing and mailing costs, the FCHSM will no longer replace undelivered issues by the postal systems. Members can access the missing copy of MHH on the FCHSM website;
- Expert Speakers and Presentations at meetings. Until we are able to meet again in person, our meetings will be held via Zoom;
- Research tips and resources;
- FCHSM Publications and other items at member prices;
- The opportunity to meet and share information with other members at meetings and enjoy our annual “meet and great” celebrations with shared French-Canadian Heritage foods. This fun event will resume when we are able to safely meet in-person.
- Notifications of local events that support and promote the continuation of the rich heritage of the French-Canadians.
Joining and Renewing is easy with several options. You can download the 2023 membership application (below), complete, enclose a check to the FCHSM and mail to the address on the application. A second option is to complete a membership application online and pay with PayPal or a credit card. Memberships run 1 January through 31 December of each year. New and Renewing members who join by 1 January will receive all four 2023 Michigan’s Habitant Heritage (MHH) journal issues. New and renewing members who join/renew throughout the membership year will receive the MHH issues published following the join/renew date and will have electronic access to previous issues on our website, habitantheritage.org.
Membership dues for the 2023 year are:
- $35 - New & Renewing U.S. Members
- $45 - New & Renewing Non-U.S. Members, in U. S. Funds
- $45 - New & Renewing International Members, in U.S. Funds. International members will be sent electronic copies of the MHH Issues
To JOIN Using the Online Join Method
To use this option to join, go to FCHSM website, habitantheritage.org, Click on Online Join, found in the left sided drop down column, 8th item from the top. Determine the type of membership you want by using the ⌄ arrow located in the box; to continue, click on Next, at the bottom of the page. Complete the information in the tabs: Member Info, Contact Info and Member Settings and click Next at the bottom of each page. If you are researching any particular surnames, these can be entered in the Custom Data tab. In the Member Settings tab you will be able to set up your personal Login and Password to gain access to our secure Members Only section of the website; please record these and keep in a safe alternate location as they will be needed each time you log into the website. As you come to the end of the joining process, you will be given the opportunity to review the information and Confirm & Check Out. The final screen is for payment using either PayPal or a personal credit card and your Online Join membership is complete when you click on Buy Now.
To RENEW a Current Membership Online
Beginning 1 November 2022, this option will be available for 2023 renewal memberships. To use this option to renew a membership, go to Profile page (found under MEMBERS LOGIN in the vertical bar on the left side menu); click on Profile and you will be taken to your individual profile, then:
- Verify your information is current; if there are any changes, you can make them at this time by clicking on the various tabs (i.e. Member Info, Contact Info, Alt. Contact Info, Custom Data, Member Settings). Be sure to save any changes;
- Once you have completed this step, click on the Renew Membership box at the top right corner of the screen;
- You will be taken to the Renewal Membership screen where you can enter your payment method information;
- For added security, check the box and re-enter the code that will appear; be sure to click and Confirm & Checkout to complete the transaction;
- You will be taken to a screen that allows you to print a copy of the paid Invoice Order Number.
If you prefer to Join or Renew using a paper membership application, it can be downloaded from the bottom of this page. Print, complete, and mail in with your payment to the address on the application.
Merci for your support!
Membership Application – click on the link to access the application if you plan to send FCHSM a check with your membership application.