Membership in the French-Canadian Heritage Society of Michigan (FCHSM) allows us to promote French-Canadian History and Heritage. As a member your support is invaluable to the continuation of these efforts to maintain our unique heritage for the generations to come. As a member you will share in the following:
- Michigan’s Habitant Heritage (MHH), the society’s quarterly journal that includes research articles, regional history, and translations of records not found elsewhere. Due to increased publishing and mailing costs, the FCHSM will no longer replace undelivered issues by the postal systems. Members can access the missing copy of MHH on the FCHSM website;
- Expert Speakers and Presentations at meetings. Until we are able to meet again in person, our meetings are held via Zoom;
- Research tips and resources;
- FCHSM Publications and other items at member prices;
- The opportunity to meet and share information with other members at meetings and enjoy our annual “meet and great” celebrations with shared French-Canadian Heritage foods. This fun event will resume when we are able to safely meet in-person.
- Notifications of local events that support and promote the continuation of the rich heritage of the French-Canadians.
Joining is easy with several options. You can download the 2022 membership application (below), complete and mail it with a check to the Society (FCHSM) to the address on the application or complete an application online and pay with PayPal as a guest or with your personal credit account. Memberships run January 1 through December 31 of each year. New Members will receive all journals of the calendar year regardless of when they join in the year. If a New Member joins after 20 October 2021, their membership will begin 1 January 2022, and they will have immediate access to the members only section of our website and digital past issues of the MHH. International members (i.e. Europe, Australia, etc.) will receive an emailed electronic copy of each quarterly issue.
New Member Membership: effective 1 January 2022 the New Member membership fee is $35.00 for U.S. Addresses; $45.00 U.S. funds for non-U.S. residents in Canada; $45 U.S. Funds for International Members who will be emailed an electronic copy of each MHH. If you would like to join online as a New Member using PayPal or a credit card, click on ONLINE JOIN found in the vertical bar on the left side menu, select the membership plan you want and follow the prompts. If you join online before 31 December 2021, you will join at the 2021 rate of $30.
Renew a Current Membership by 31 December 2021: you can download the 2022 application (below) complete and mail it in with your check to the FCHSM address on the application; if you prefer the online renewal option using our website, payment can be made using PayPal or a personal credit card. To use this option, go to the Profile page (found under MEMBER LOGIN in the vertical bar on the left side menu); you will be taken to your individual profile then:
- Verify your information is current; if there are any changes you can make them at this time by clicking on the various tabs (i.e. Member Info, Contact Info, Alt. Contact Info, Custom Data, Member Settings), be sure to save any changes;
- Once you have completed this step click on the Renew Membership box at the top right corner of the screen;
- You will be taken to the Renewal Membership screen where you can enter your payment method information;
- For added security, check the box and re-enter the code that will appear; be sure to click and Confirm & Checkout to complete the transaction;
- You will be taken to a screen that allows you to print a copy of the paid Invoice Order Number.
Renewal Membership: $35.00 for U. S. Addresses if received after 31 December 2021, $45 U. S. Funds, for non-U.S. residents in Canada if received after 31 December 2021, $45 U. S. Funds for International Members who will be emailed electronic copies of the MHH. Members who renew after the 31 December 2021 deadline will be mailed the MHH issues published following renewal and will be asked to read any missed issues in the members only section of our web site.
Membership Application – click on the link to access the application if you plan to send FCHSM a check with your membership application.
Merci for your support.